Indian Navy Recruitment of Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – 02 / 2016 Batch Course Commencing August 2016 :
Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates to join as Sailor for Senior Secondary Recruits in Indian Navy course commencing August 2016. Last date for online registration is 6 Dec 2015. Last date to receive the application by post or by hand is 13 Dec 2015.
Official Website : www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
Position : Sailor
Salary : Rs 5200-20200 plus 2000 Grade Pay and Rs 2000 MSP ( According to 7th Pay Commission entry pay will be Rs 27000/- per month without allowances. Click Here To Know More )
Eligibility Criteria :
- Educational Qualification : Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science. (Science stream candidates )
- Age : Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1995 to 31 Jul 1999 (Both dates inclusive).
Selection Process : Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- Written Test.
(a) The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
(b) The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General
(c) The question paper will be of 10+2 standard and the syllabus for the examination is available
on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
(d) Duration of examination will be one hour.
(e) The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical Standards.
(a) Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard
prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
(b) Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
(c) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008.
(d) Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit at final medical examination will be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
Training Details : The training for the course will commence in Aug 2016, with 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
How To Apply :
Apply Link : Click Here
- Fill up the form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct.
- Print two copies of the online application form. One copy duly signed, alongwith attested copies of matriculation certificate, 10+2 marksheet, domicile, NCC Certificate (if held) & one self addressed envelope of size 22×10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on envelope is to be forwarded at following address:-
|Candidate’s Address(States)||Application to be Addressed to||Candidate’s Address(States)||Application to be Addressed to|
|Delhi , Himachal Pradesh||Post Box No 476 Gole Dak Khana, GPO New Delhi -110 001||Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya Mizoram, Nagaland||Post Box No 11810 Delhi Cantt New Delhi -110 010|
|West Bengal||Post Box No 02 Lodhi Road New Delhi -110 003||Sikkim, Tripura, Manipur||Post Box No11810 Delhi Cantt New Delhi -110 010|
|Orissa , Karnataka
|Post Box No 4921 Safdarjung Enclave PO New Delhi -110 029||J & K, Andaman Nicobar Islands,||Post Box No 11810 Delhi Cantt New Delhi -110 010|
|Kerala, UT of Lakshdweep & Minicoy||Post Box No 11810 Delhi Cantt New Delhi -110 010||Uttar Pradesh||Post Box No 5270 Chanakyapuri PO New Delhi -110 021|
|AP, Telangana , Tamil Nadu ,UT of Pondicherry||Post Box No 488 Gole Dak Khana, GPO New Delhi -110 001||Rajasthan||Post Box No 5011 RK Puram Sector V New Delhi -110 022|
|Maharashtra, Goa Gujarat and UT of Daman, Diu and Nagar Haveli||Post Box No 7001 IPHO New Delhi -110 002||Punjab / UT of Chandigarh & Uttarakhand||Post Box No 7215 IPHO New Delhi -110 002|
|Post Box No 4844 Sarojini Nagar PO New Delhi -110 023||Madhya Pradesh & Chatisgarh||Post Box No. 8860 Vasant Vihar, New Delhi – 57|
|Bihar, Jharkhand||Post Box No 10925 RK Puram , Main PO, New Delhi – 110066|
3. Write on the envelop “Online SSR Application-02/2016 batch & 10+2 percentage___”. ( write your percentage in the blank )
4. Last date for registration of online application is 06 Dec 2015.
5. Physical receipt of application at this office is by 13 Dec 2015. Confirmation of an applicant would be on receipt of physical application by due date. If a candidate has submitted Duplicate applications, his candidature will be cancelled at any stage of selection process.
6. Photographs. THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOULD BE CLEAR AND OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND. Application received without photographs will be rejected.
7. The application along with attached certificates are to be self attested.