About Indian Army Recruitment of Officers through 47th SSC(T) Men and 18th SSC (T) Women @Across India :
Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE and unmarried FEMALE Engineering Graduates and also from widows of Defence Personnel for Grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services. Course commencing in Oct 2016 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Official Website : www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
No of Posts : 111
|Engineering Streams||No. of Vcancies|
|SSC(T) Women – 18||SSC(T) Men-47|
|Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics||02 (Only Electrical)||15|
|Automobile / Workshop Technology||–||02|
|Aeronautical/ Aviation/ Aerospace/ Ballistics/ Avionics||–||02|
|Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Technology/ Info Tech/ M.Sc (Computer Science)||–||10|
|Electronics & Telecommunication/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Satellite Communication||02 (Only Telecommunication)||15|
|Electronics / Opto Electronics/ Fibre Optics / Micro Electronics & Microwave||–||16|
|Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation||–||03|
|Architecture/ Building construction Technology||–||03|
|Food Tech/ Bio Tech/Bio-Medical Engineering||–||02|
One vacancy is for widows of Defence Personnel in 18th SSCW(Non Tech) Entry.
Note : In case the engineering stream of the candidate is not listed above and candidates desire to claim equivalence, they may produce equivalence certificate of the concerned universities for the purpose. Recruiting Directorate will examine the case for acceptance based on the certificate issued by the concerned university for equivalence. For SSC(T)-18 Women only – No equivalence of Enginering stream will be accepted.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Age Limit:
- SSC(Tech)-47 Men and SSC(Tech)-18 Women:- 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2016. (Candidates born between 02 Oct 89 and 01 Oct 96 both dates inclusive).
- For widows of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation- SSCW(Non Tech) – 19 to 29 Years. Born not earlier than 02 Jul 87 and not later than 01 Jul 97 (Both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are studying in the final year examination of Engineering course are eligible to apply.
Selection Procedure :
- Short listing of Applications based on cut-off percentage
- SSB Interview
Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Interview Location Centres : Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka)
Date of Interview: Interviews will be held in May/Jun 2016 onwards. (Tentative)
Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same date. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival.
Preferred Books :
Call Letter For SSC(T)-47 and SSCW(T)-18 :
Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and no request for changes are entertained in this regard.
How To Apply :
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 09 DEC 2015 AT 10 AM AND WILL BE
CLOSED ON 08 JAN 2016 AT 5 PM
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on” Officers Entry Apply/Login” and then click ‘Registration’.
- Fill the online registration form after reading the Instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard.
- A page ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply ’shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘’Application Form’’ will open.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required
under various segments- Personal informations, Communication details, Education
details and details of previous SSB. ‘
- ’Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Then click on ‘’Submit now’’only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in.
- After submitting, click on ‘’PDF’’ and take two copies of the application form
having Roll No and other details generated by the system.
- Documents to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate:-
(i) One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affixed with self attested
(ii) Self attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for age proof.
(iii) Self attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet.
(iv) Self attested copy of Engineering Degree/Provisional Degree.
(v) Self attested copy of Mark sheets of all Semesters.
(vi) Certificate from the Principal/Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in
final year and final exams will be over by 01 Oct 2016 for final year appearing candidates.
(vii) Equivalence certificate from the concerned university to claim equivalence to
the notified stream.
(viii) All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the
Service Selection Centre itself. Any candidate who does not carry these entire
documents for the SSB interview, his candidature will be cancelled.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the
candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting
- Candidates must submit only one application. Receipt of multiple applications
from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.