XAT Exam 2020-21
What is XAT Exam?
XAT Exam stands for Xavier Aptitude Test. The XAT Exam is an entrance exam conducted at a national level for admissions to MBA/PGDM programmes. Conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur, It is a popular exam to which the MBA aspirants look forward to. Candidates get admission into XLRI and hundreds of other top B-schools on the basis of their XAT score. Therefore, MBA aspirants also give the XAT exams along with CAT to increase their chances to land up in a good college. Also, XAT Exam tests the students on their Decision Making, Verbal & Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and General Knowledge.
Eligibility Criteria for XAT 2020-21:
The minimum eligibility criteria for XAT is given below. Just like the CAT Exam, there is no age limit to appear in the XAT Exam. However, it is mandatory to fulfil the mentioned minimum eligibility criteria:
- Since XAT is a post graduate level exam, the candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university, in any discipline
- The Bachelor’s degree should be of minimum three years duration.
- Students in their final year of Bachelor’s degree or awaiting their results can also eligible to apply.
XAT Exam Fees:
XAT Exam Application fees is Rs. 1700. The Application fees is same for all categories (General, SC, ST, PWD, OBC, etc.), unlike the CAT Exam. Candidates who are late and wish to fill the form after the last date, will have to pay Rs. 2000. Payment for the same can be done in online mode only (Net Banking, Credit or Debit card).
XAT Exam Dates and Test Centres:
The XAT Exam is usually conducted in the month of January, in multiple centres across India. XAT 2020 exam was held on January 4. Registrations for the same, usually begin by August. The Admit card is issued to each candidate in the month of December i.e 1 month before the XAT Exam in January.
Since XAT is a national level entrance examination, it is conducted in about 46 cities across India. So, candidates will be given the option to choose up to 3 cities as per their convenience. Candidates can select the cities in order of preference from 1-3. In conclusion, Candidates can also choose their preferred date and centre combination at the time of registration.
Why is XAT Exam important:
After CAT, XAT Exam is the most preferred choice for candidates who desire to pursue MBA and PGDM courses from best universities and B-schools in India. XAT Exam is a gateway to admission in XLRI Jamshedpur and other colleges associated with XLRI. XLRI is an excellent institute in terms of academics & placements. As a result, It is a dream college for many MBA aspirants. Moreover, having an MBA degree helps in your career growth and makes you eligible for higher positions in industry.
XAT Exam Registration Process 2020-2021:
Graduates who wish to pursue MBA or PGDM courses at XLRI Jamshedpur, XAMI institutes or other B-schools accepting XAT score, can fill the application form for the upcoming XAT Exam. So, here is a step by step procedure to register for the same.
- Click on the below mentioned link to visit the official XAT website. The candidates will have to sign up/login on the website.
- There, select new candidate’s registration and fill in the basic details asked for like name, dob, city, country, phone number and email ID.
- A registration confirmation mail, with your XAT ID & Password, will be sent to the candidate’s E-mail ID. Visit the official website again and login using the same credentials.
- An application form will be displayed. Carefully enter all the details asked in the form and upload all the necessary documents asked for.
- Finally, candidate needs to pay the XAT 2021 application fee through credit/debit card or net banking. After the fee payment, your registration is successful.
Registration Link for XAT 2020-21: Click Here To Register