About UPPCL – www.uppcl.org – Recruitment 2016 Assistant Engineer Trainee :
Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited UPPCL – www.uppcl.org – is inviting online applications to the recruitment 2016 for post of Assistant Engineer Trainee in department of Electrical and Computer Science for BE / BTech graduates. Candidates across India are eligible to apply for this post.
Official Website : www.uppcl.org
Job Location : Uttar Pradesh
Salary : As per rules of UPPCL. Pay Band-3; Rs, 15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs, 5400/- Dearness and other allowances admlssible.
No of Posts :
No of Vacancies
Assistant Engineer (Trainee) – Electrical
Assistant Engineer (Trainee) – Computer Science
Eligibility Criteria :
Educational Qualification :
- Candidates should have thorough knowledge of Hindi (Devnagri script). If the candidate has not passed High school or equivalent examination in Hindi, he/she has to to clear an exam conducted by the Registrar, Department Examination Govt. Of U,P. within 3 years of joining,
- Bachelor’s Degree (BE/BTech) in Electrical / Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent Engineering from a Recognized University or Institution.
Clarification Note : candidates having degree through Distance Education programme are not eliqible to apply for the above posts,
Age Limit : Minimum 21 years and maximum 40 years as on 01-01-2016
Selection Process :
- Selection Process will be based on Computer Based Test and interview.
- Computer Based Test(CBT) will be held at Allahabad, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Agra, Kanpur, Bareilly, Lucknow, Ghaziabad, and Meerut cities .
- The test shall comprise of total 200 questions, out of which 150 questions shall be from the Bachelor level Engg. Branch syllabus for the Post applied, 20 questions of General Knowledge/Awareness, 20 questions of Reasoning and 10 questions of General Hindi.
- Each correct answer shall carry one mark each and each wrong answer shall carry negative mark of 0.25.
- Interview will be conducted at Lucknow only. Candidates who obtain less than 33% marks will be rejected for further process of selection.
- On merit maximum numbers of candidates to be shortlisted for interview will be equal 2 to 3 times the number of vacancies.
- Candidates with same marks as that of last shortlisted Candidate will also be called for interview.
- If a candidate is shortlisted for interview, then appearing in interview is compulsory, failing which candidature will be treated as cancelled.
- Finally, the merit list shall be prepared on the basis of the combined marks obtained in the CBT and interview , branch wise category wise.
Application Fee (Non Refundable) :
- General / OBC : Rs 1000/-
- SC/ST (Domicile of UP) : Rs 700/-
- Other States Candidates : Rs 1000/-
Important Dates :
Commencement of online applications will be starting from 3rd March 2016 ( for Electrical ) and 5 March 2016 ( for CS ). Last date to apply for Electrical is 3 April 2016 and for CS is 5 April 2016.
How To Apply :
Apply Link : Click Here