About IET India Scholarship Award 2016 :
The IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology), India instituted the annual IET Scholarship Awards in 2013 to underline the organisation’s commitment to India’s engineering community and to incentivise young people entering the engineering and technology profession. The IET India Scholarship will be given on merit-based selection criteria. The total scholarship amount is Rs.8,00,000/-.
The IET India Scholarship programme has been designed to reward and celebrate individual excellence and innovation among undergraduate engineering students. B.Tech students from AICTE/UGC-approved institutions from across the nation can apply for the scholarships across two categories – General and Women.
Eligibility Criteria :
Eligibility for IET India Scholarship Award 2016 : The IET India Scholarship Award 2016 will be open to students of 2nd and 3rd year B.Tech programmes Scholarship is also open for Lateral entry students who join B.Tech programme in 2nd year.
- Any second and third year full time regular UG Engineering programme student from an AICTE/UGC approved institution
- All regular credit courses must have been cleared in a single attempt by the applicant.
- UG marks should aggregate to at least 60% in aggregate for the semesters cleared so far or corresponding to CGPA of at least 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- Higher Secondary (or equivalent) marks should be above 60% or of equivalent grade.
- There is no age limit for the applicant.
- Application is open for all IET members and non- members and for all branches of engineering as recognised by the AICTE/UGC.
- Students from AICTE/UGC approved Institutions are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Selection Process :
- Academics – 60%
- Extra & Co-Curricular – 20%
- Outreach – 10% (Activities other than institutional activities like; coordinating or organising industrial visits, organising lectures/seminars etc.)
- Professional – 10% (Membership in professional bodies, coordinating activities of the professional bodies, office bearer of any professional body/student chapter, contributing to professional bodies through papers presentations etc.)
Candidates shortlisted from Stage 1 will take an online test. The online test is to assess the applicants’ knowledge in engineering subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Mechanical, and Computer Science. The total number of questions will be approximately 50 with multiple choice options. A cut off mark/score will be decided for each regional level by the national jury. Based on the cut –off, the applicants will be shortlisted for the next level.
Regional Level Assessment :
In the Regional Level Assessment, the contestant will be required to give a presentation on the topic that will be given by the Jury members. The topic will have current relevance and is focused on solving a current societal challenge in that region. The topic will be communicated to the contestants at least 10 days in advance to enable the student to prepare. The Regional Assessment will be conducted across 4 regions:
- Regional South
- Regional North
- Regional East + North East
- Regional North
National Final : The National Final of IET India Scholarship Awards 2016 will be tentatively held in September / October 2016 in Bangalore. Shortlisted candidates will make a presentation on their vision and solution, as they see it, for an engineering problem that is relevant to the society. The National Final may also include a Group Discussion (GD) at the discretion of the jury. The topic for this GD will be given by the jury on the day of the National Final.