Traditionally, automobile firms have relied upon their internal R&D to increase their innovation capabilities but it is being increasingly accepted that information, knowledge and competence can be increasingly found outside the boundaries of a firm. Crowdsourcing is a recent approach to increase the amount of innovation in companies. The ideology behind crowdsourcing is to use the wisdom of many individuals instead of relying on only a few experts.
Purpose of the Contest
The contest is intended to spot and promote bright students with an ability to think ahead, to think out of the box. Students are expected to showcase their unique ideas on the car of the future. It’s an opportunity for participants to stand apart from the throng and go on to put their ideas on the desk of the Product Planners of leading Luxury Automobile manufacturing OEMs.
Undergraduate and Graduate Students from all engineering disciplines across all TCS accredited and non- accredited Engineering colleges are eligible for this contest.
Start Date: 28 Feb 2014 10:00 AM
End Date: 13 March 2014 11:45 PM
TCS can change any or some of the parameters at the time of actual event. In case of any discrepancy, decision by TCS will be final.
Top 20 participants will receive recognition from TCS
Acceptable file formats: .pdf,.doc,.docx,.ppt,.pptx
Maximum File Size: 2.5 MB
Contest Starts: 28 Feb 14 Contest Ends: 13 Mar 14
- Students will have to register on TCSL NexStep for taking part in the contest. A CT/ DT Reference # is mandatory for participating in the contest.
- Individual participation is solicited
- All interested participants will be required to register for the contest on Next Step to get access to Campus Commune and submit their ideas.
- The infrastructure/software/s required for compiling ideas shall be borne by the participant or the institution they represent. TCS will not be liable for any damage to the institute’s infrastructure which may be caused by participants from the institute during the contest.
- There will be three broad categories of challenge in line with which participation is invited. Participants may choose at maximum two categories to submit their Ideas i.e. one participant can submit at max two ideas, each belonging to a different category.
- Students will have to submit their analysis within stipulated time frame i.e. March 13th, 2014
- Entries submitted after the last date for a particular round will not be considered for evaluation.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Online search engines may be used as reference, but copy pasting directly from the internet is highly discouraged.
- The Grand Finale for the contest will be held in one of TCSL offices across India on a pre-determined date. You are advised to make own transport arrangements to and from the location of the Grand Finale. The expenses incurred towards travel to/from the location where Grand Finale is held, will not be reimbursed.
Following is the eligibility criteria for participating in the contest:
- Candidates from pass-out batch of 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Students in under graduate/ post graduate disciplines from engineering background with any specialization.
- Minimum age for participation is 18 years.
To bring out the best of a participant’s ideation and innovation, participant will be given three challenges to conceptualize. Participant may choose at maximum two categories to submit their Ideas i.e. one participant can submit at max two ideas, each belonging to a different category.
Three challenge themes identified for idea submission are:
- Inviting Ideas on smart material for the future smart car
- Inviting feature Ideas and design on smart utilities for a vehicle
- Inviting ideas for Utilizing Renewable resources on the go for auxiliary vehicle power requirements
Link to download the challenge themes will be given once the participant has registered for the contest on Campus Commune after accepting the terms and conditions of participation
- Participants will have to submit their detailed ideas in MS –Word/Power point format. Acceptable file formats are .pdf,.ppt,.pptx
- Participants should ensure that font size should be Myriad pro 10 for text and Myriad Pro 14 for Headings
- Idea note should not exceed 900 words incase participant is submitting one idea and it should not exceed 1600 word counts in case of two idea submissions.
- Mention the Category name in heading of the idea content
- Maximum file size allowed is 2.5 MB
- Mention the category name in the file name to provide a clarity as to under which category idea has been submitted
- Participants are encouraged to use visuals and graphics wherever applicable to illustrate the idea. The exhibits should be legible.
- Participants are encouraged to include an Executive Summary within 250 words (apart from the 900/1600 word limit for one/two idea submission respectively.
- Participants can include sections on:
- Target customer demographics (age group etc.)
- Incremental value in terms of safety, comfort, cost etc.
- Perceived challenges in materialization of the idea
- It is mandatory to finish the idea submission on Campus Commune in the stipulated time frame to complete the contest.
- No participant should participate more than one. In an event where one makes more than one submission, the second submission will be considered null and void and will not be considered for evaluation.
Winner will be adjudged on below parameters in no particular order:
- Originality of thought and relevance
- Clarity of presentation of the idea
- Applicability to the current scenario
- Incremental value of the idea to a car owner, desirable environmental impact
- Tone of the idea summary— Jargon free, simple, and one encouraging dialogue and feedback
- Technical and commercial feasibility of the idea
To Register: https://nextstep.tcs.com/campus/ => Campus Commune