CAT Exam 2020
What is CAT Exam?
CAT Exam stands for Common Admission Test. The CAT Exam is a common aptitude test given by almost 2.5 lakh MBA aspirants every year. Conducted annually, It is one of the largest national level entrance test for MBA and PGDM admissions across India. Candidates get admission into IIMs, SPJIMR, FMS, MDI and other B-schools through their CAT scores. In addition, The CAT Exam is conducted by any one of the six old IIMs. It tests the students on the following three major sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2020:
Although, there is no age limit to appear in the CAT Exam, there are several other important eligibility criteria that a candidate must be aware of:
- Since CAT is a post graduate level exam, thus, in order to be eligible for the CAT Exam, the candidate has to pass their Bachelor’s degree with at least 50%. For SC/ST and Differently Abled (DA) candidates, the percentage required is 45%.
- The University who has awarded the degree must be recognized by the MHRD.
- However, Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification or awaiting results are also eligible to apply,
- If the University awards grades/SGPA/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion factor given by the University has to be used to get the resultant marks. If there is no conversion factor specified, the CGPA has to be converted into percentage by direct conversion i.e. divide the CGPA received by the highest CGPA possible and multiply the result by 100.
Also Read: GMAT Exam for MBA Aspirants
CAT Exam Fees:
- The CAT Exam fees is different for different categories. For General and NC-OBC, the application fee is Rs. 1900 and for SC, ST, and PWD, the application fee is Rs. 950.
- The application fees can be paid online only, via Bill Desk, Paytm, PayU, BillDesk – Net banking, Credit/Debit Cards.
- Apart from the registration fees, an additional online transaction charge may also be incurred which is different for various modes of payment.
CAT Exam Dates and Test Centres:
The CAT Exam is usually conducted in the month of November, in multiple centres across India. The registration for CAT Exam usually start between July 4th week or August 1st week. The Admit card is issued to each candidate in the month of October and the Exam is conducted in November. The exact date is mentioned in the official notification and is different every year.
CAT Exam will be held in 156 test cities at more than 375 exam centres across India. The candidates will be allotted the nearest test centres to their residence. The exam is held in two sessions – forenoon and afternoon. The forenoon session is held from 9 am to 12 pm and similarly, the afternoon session is held between 2 pm and 5 pm.
Why is CAT Exam important:
CAT Exam is the most preferred choice for candidates who desire to pursue MBA and PGDM courses from best universities and B-schools in India. Having an MBA improves the chances of your career growth. Also, MBA holders from top B-schools are offered a lucrative salary package. Moreover, IIM’s only allow the CAT rank holders for admissions to their MBA/ PGDM programs. In conclusion, this Exam evaluates the capabilities and the efficiency of a student and decides whether he/she is appropriate for the management job.
CAT Exam Registration Process 2020-2021:
- The candidates will have to sign up/login on the official website. Visit the below mentioned link and click on ‘CAT 2020 registration‘. (Registration opens @ August 2020)
- Fill in the basic details asked for and complete the OTP verification to create an account.
- After verification, the candidate needs to log in again using the credentials sent to their mobile number. Log in the website and click on the “Go to application form” link.
- Then, the candidates needs to complete the application form by providing all the correct details. Candidates are required to fill in information regarding their academic details, work experience, personal details etc.
- After filling details in the first five sections, click on ‘save and continue’ to proceed to fee payment gateway. CAT application fee can be paid online through internet banking or credit/debit card. After the fee payment, your registration is completed.
CAT 2020-21 Registration Link: Click Here To Apply