UPSC Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination Recruitment 2020 Vacancy Notification – Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Application Fees :
The Union Public Service Commission invites application for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) 209 vacancies in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Location : Across India
Official Website : www.upsc.gov.in
Position : Assistant Commandant (Group A Officer)
Salary : Initially Level 10 (same increment at par with IPS officer)
Last Date To Apply: 07 Sep 2020 till 6 PM
Age Limit : A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2020, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1995 and not later than 1st August, 2000.
No. of Vacancies : 209
Eligibility Criteria :
Educational Qualification : Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent. Final year candidates can also apply for this provided they can give proof of passing before the main examination.
Selection Process and Paper Pattern :
CAPF 2020 Examination Paper Pattern :
The Examination consists of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and Written Descriptive Test on the same carry maximum of 450 marks. This exam is only of qualifying nature; the marks obtained in the prelims are not counted for determining the final order of merit.
- Written Examination
|Paper I – General Ability and Intelligence (MCQ)||2Hours||250|
|Paper II – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (Written)||3 Hours||200|
2. Physical Efficiency Tests (PET) : Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. Those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards as per the notification.
3. Interview/Personality Test: Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test (150 Marks) to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally.
CAPF Exam 2020 Syllabus:
Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence
The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
1. General Mental Ability
The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
2. General Science: The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
4. Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
5. History of India : The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
Preferred Books for UPSC CAPF Examination ( CAPF 2020 ):
- CAPF Assistant Commandants Previous Years Solved Papers (Paper-I & II)
- UPSC-CAPF Assistant Commandants Exam (Paper-II) Guide 2018
Application Fees :
- Female / SC / ST / PH : No Fee
- Others : Rs.200
How To Apply :
The application must be submitted through online mode only.
Part – I and Part – II Registration : Click Here
Detailed Advertisement Notification : Click Here