Detailed Notification of SSC CGL 2016 Paper Pattern , Syllabus & Dates :
SSC had notified the changes in the SSC CGL 2016 Paper Pattern on 1 July 2016. Click Here To Read Revised Changes of SSC CGL 2016 Pattern. Now SSC has issued detailed notification regarding paper pattern , syllabus and important dates for SSC CGL 2016 Examination.
Detailed Notification :
- The Tier-I and Tier-II of the Examination are to be conducted in the Computer Based mode.
- The syllabus of Tier-I and Tier-II would be same as it was earlier
- Tier-I of the examination is scheduled to be conducted from 27.8.2016 to 11.9.2016. The examination on the first three days viz., 27.8.2016 to 29.8.2016 would be conducted in two batches and thereafter from 30.8.2016 to 11.9.2016, the examination would be conducted in three batches per day. The timings in this regard are given below.
- The entry closing time will be half an hour before the scheduled start time of the Examination, which would also be indicated in the Admission Certificate.
- The number of questions in Tier-I has been reduced from 200 to 100. The paper will be of 200 marks with each question carrying 2 marks. The duration of the examination would be 75 minutes.
- Tier-I of the examination will comprise four parts (i) General Intelligence & Reasoning (ii) General Awareness (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (iv) English Comprehension. Each part would comprise 25 questions of 50 marks.
- 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The candidates who are declared qualified in Tier-I as per the cut off marks fixed by the Commission would only be eligible to appear in Tier-II of the said examination.
- Tier-II of the examination would comprise four papers in total. Each paper would be for duration of two hours. Of these four papers, two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II is compulsory for all the candidates.
- Paper-I would be on Quantitative Ability (100 Questions) of 200 marks. Each question would carry two marks. Negative marks for each wrong answer would be 0.50 marks.
- Paper-II would be on English Language and Comprehension (200 Questions) of 200 Marks. Each question would carry one mark. 0.25 marks would be deducted for each wrong answer
- Paper-III would be on Statistics (100 Questions) of 200 marks. This paper will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Statistical Investigator (now known as Junior Statistical Officer). Each question would carry two marks. 0.50 marks would be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Paper-IV will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) in C&AG. The said paper would comprise two parts i.e., Finance and Accounts for which there would be 40 questions carrying 80 marks and Economics and Governance which would have 60 questions carrying 120 marks. In all there would be 100 questions carrying 200 Marks with each question carrying two marks. 0.50 marks would be deducted for each wrong answer. The paper will be for a duration of two hours.
- Paper-I would be of 10th Standard level, Paper-II of 10+2 level and Paper-III & Paper-IV of graduation level.
- An additional stage of Examination, i.e. Tier-III, has been introduced w.e.f. CGLE, 2016 which would be a descriptive type paper of 100 marks in Pen and Paper mode. The duration of the paper would be one hour. This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay / Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application Writing of approximately 150 words. The qualifying marks in Tier-III would be 33 per cent. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated. The questions in this paper would be of 10+2 standard.
- Tier-IV of the Examination would continue to be the Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) which would be of a qualifying nature. DEST / CPT would be in consonance with the provisions contained in para 9(E) and 9(F) of the Notice of the Examination dated 13th February, 2016.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in Tier I & Tier II, together, would determine the eligibility of the candidates to appear in Tier III & Tier IV.
- The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III.
Important Dates :
- Downloading of Call Letter for Tier -1 : From 10 Aug 2016 onwards at Regional SSC websites
- Regarding Mock Test : For the benefit of candidates, the Commission proposes to upload on its website a practice test / mock test on 1st August, 2016, so that the candidates can practice and familiarise themselves with the computer based modality. The Commission also proposes to upload an animated ‘walk through’ on 10th August, 2016 to appropriately familiarise the candidates with the salient processes and procedures associated with the computer based examination.
- The tentative time scheduling for conducting of Tier-II would be November, 2016. Tier–III and DEST/CPT is proposed to be held simultaneously in the month of January, 2017.
- The Commission would make a concerted effort to declare the final result for CGLE, 2016 by the last week of April, 2017.
Official Notification : Click Here