About GATE www.gate.iisc.ernet.in 2016 Notification :
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE www.gate.iisc.ernet.in 2016 examination is organizing by Indian Institute of Science IISc. The online application process for GATE www.gate.iisc.ernet.in is starting from 1 September 2015 and ends on 1 October 2015. The GATE www.gate.iisc.ernet.in 2016 Online Examination is sheduled to be held on 30 January 2016 to 21 February 2016. The results will be announced on 19 March 2016. GATE scores are very useful in getting admission to top Tech Institutes of India i.e Indian Institutes of Technology IIT. GATE score also very valuable for jobs in various PSU companies and candidates with excellent GATE score can easily get into top engineering PSU jobs.
Official Website : www.gate.iisc.ernet.in
Location : Across India
Eligibility Criteria :
Educational Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Basic Features of GATE 2016 :
- Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
- GATE 2016 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 21st February 2016. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2016 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- For GATE 2016 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2016 website. No printed copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.
Paper Pattern and Exam Duration :
The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3-hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type questions.
In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
Note : For More Information , Check the links in the end.
Negative Markings : For a wrong answer chosen for the multiple choice questions, there would be negative marking. For 1-mark multiple choice questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark multiple choice questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. However, there is no negative marking for a wrong answer in numerical answer type questions.
GATE 2016 would contain questions of two different types in various papers:
(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
(ii) Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
Application Fees :
The application fee has to be paid only online either through e-challan or through net banking.
- SC / ST / PwD : Rs 750/-
- Women Candidates : Rs 750/-
- Others : Rs 1500/-
Important Dates :
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 1, 2015 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November 20, 2015 (Friday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||December 17, 2015 (Thursday)|
|GATE 2016 Online Examination
||January 30 to February 07, 2016|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March 19, 2016 (Saturday)|
How To Apply :
All candidates must apply ONLINE. Further details and ONLINE application form can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE/JAM zonal websites (or by scanning the image below using a QR reader facility that is available on many mobile phones). Respective Institutes and their official web address :
- IISc Bangalore : gate.iisc.ernet.in
- IIT Bombay : www.gate.iitb.ac.in
- IIT Delhi : gate.iitd.ac.in
- IIT Guwahati : www.iitg.ernet.in/gate
- IIT Kanpur : gate.iitk.ac.in
- IIT Kharagpur : gate.iitkgp.ac.in
- IIT Madras : gate.iitm.ac.in
- IIT Roorkee : www.iitr.ac.in/gate
Previous Year Question Papers for GATE 2016:
Download Syllabus : Click Here
For Question Paper and Marking Scheme : Click Here
Download Official Previous Year Questions Papers : Click Here
For Any Information Regarding GATE www.gate.iisc.ernet.in 2016 : Click Here