About Admission of FEMALES only in 2016 At School of Nursing in Armed Forces Hospital Across India :
Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only) for admission to 4 years B. Sc. (Nursing) course commencing in Jul/Aug 2016 at Colleges of Nursing and 3 years Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course commencing in Sep 2016 at Schools of Nursing of Armed Forces Hospitals. Based on the merit cum choice, (subject to vacancy in each College / School) the candidates will be awarded admission in either Colleges of Nursing or Schools of Nursing. Selected candidates shall execute an agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) for 5 years. On successful completion of Nursing Training (4/3years), the candidates will be granted permanent/short service commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission.
No of Seats : 210
Eligibility Criteria :
(a) Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
(b) Nationality – Indian
(c) Date of Birth – Between 01 Aug 91 to 31 Jul 99 (both days inclusive).
(d) Educational Qualification – Should have passed or appearing in the XII standard / equivalent examination, as a regular student in all the subjects ie PCB as elective subjects and not optional and vocational (in both theory and practical) and English, in FIRST ATTEMPT from a recognized Board/University, with minimum of 50% aggregate marks (PCBE). Those who have passed such examinations as private students or with compartment in any subject or candidates from open schools are NOT ELIGIBLE.
(e) Physically and Mentally Fit as per the Indian Army Norms
Selection Process :
- Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type written test of 90 minutes duration, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence, likely to be held in Feb 2016.
- Candidates as per merit on the basis of written test will be called for interview during Apr 2016.
- Final selection will be based on combined merit of written test & interview, subject to medical fitness.
- Admissions to Colleges of Nursing/Schools of Nursing will be offered in accordance with the merit cum choice subject to vacancy in each College/School of Nursing.
- Written Examination Centres : Bangalore, Chandimandir, Chennai, Danapur, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram , Ezhimala (Cannanore) and Wellington.
How to Apply :
- Candidates may apply online only through www.joinindianarmy.nic.in which will be accessible from 01 Dec 2015 to 30 Dec 2015 .(Including the Challan submission and completion of the online submission of application)
- Eligibility of the candidate will be known while submitting the online application.
- The candidate’s E-mail ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select their own password.
- The Eligible candidates will only be able to generate a Bank Challan of Rs 150/- in favour of DGAFMS Examination Board Fund State Bank of India, Central Secretariat, New Delhi Account Number 10314223097, IFSC code No. SBIN 0000625 from the system for making the payment in any SBI Branch.
- After making the payment in the bank the candidate will login and enter the challan Journal number given by the SBI branch where the cash is deposited. to complete the online submission of application.( The last date for online submission of the Challan No will be 30 Dec 2015. No challan will be accepted after 30 Dec 2015).
- The admit card for the written test can be generated only online by the candidate wef 02 Feb 2016 .
- Note: Applications sent by post will not be accepted
- Duplicate submission of application will be summarily rejected without refund of the challan money. It is mandatory for the candidates to submit only one active E-mail ID for all future correspondence with us.