UPSC Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination Recruitment 2018 Vacancy Notification – Apply Online, Exam Date, Pattern, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Application Fees – www.upsconline.nic.in
UPSC CAPF AC Notification 2018 | www.upsconline.nic.in invites online application for the recruitment upsconline.nic.in of various vacancies through Civil Services and Indian Forest Examination 2018. Recruitment of Assistant Commandants in BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB The examination will be conducted in 3 phases – Preliminary, Mains and Personality Test (Interview). The latest notification NO.08/2018-CPF has been released online.
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on 12th August, 2018 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Location : Across India
Official Website : www.upsc.gov.in
Last Date To Apply: 21st May 2018
Exam Date : 12th August 2018
Age Limit : A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2018
No. of Vacancies : 398
Eligibility Criteria :
Educational Qualification : Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent. Final year candidates can also apply for this provided they can give proof of passing before the main examination.
Selection Process and Paper Pattern :
CAPF 2018 Examination Paper Pattern :
The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry maximum of 400 marks. This exam is only of qualifying nature; the marks obtained in the prelims are not counted for determining the final order of merit.
- Written Examination
|Paper I – General Ability and Intelligence||2Hours||250|
|Paper II – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||3 Hours||200|
2. Physical Efficiency Tests (PET) : Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. Those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards as per the notification.
3. Interview/Personality Test: Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally.
CAPF Exam 2018 Syllabus:
Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence
The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
1. General Mental Ability
The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
2. General Science: The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
4. Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
5. History of India : The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
Preferred Books for UPSC CAPF Examination ( CAPF 2018 ):
- Female / SC / ST / PH : No Fee
- Others : Rs.200
How To Apply :
The application must be submitted through online mode only.
Part – I and Part – II Registration : Click Here
Detailed Advertisement Notification : Click Here