UPSC CDS 2 Recruitment 2019
UPSC has invited online application for job openings in Defence Forces (Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force) through CDS Examination. CDS 2 notification has been rolled out and andidates can apply online for CDS 2 Exam 2019. Exam syllabus, fees details, eligibility criteria, number of vacancies and other details are available now.
Combined Defence Services Examination Notice No.10/2019 CDS-II conducted by UPSC. The last date to apply online applications can be filled upto 8th July 2019 till 6:00 PM. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by candidates.
Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course.
Position : Defence Officers ( Permanent Commission at IMA,INA and AFA and Short Service Commission at OTA)
Salary : Best in the Govt Jobs ( Initially Level 10 of 7th CPC plus MSP, Perks and Allowances)
Examincation Centers: AGARTALA, AHMEDABAD, AIZAWL, ALLAHABAD, BENGALURU, BAREILLY, BHOPAL, CHANDIGARH, CHENNAI, CUTTACK, DEHRADUN, DELHI, DHARWAD, DISPUR, GANGTOK, HYDERABAD, IMPHAL, ITANAGAR, JAIPUR, JAMMU, JORHAT, KOCHI, KOHIMA, KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, MADURAI, MUMBAI, NAGPUR, PANAJI (GOA), PATNA, PORT BLAIR, RAIPUR, RANCHI, SAMBALPUR, SHILLONG, SHIMLA, SRINAGAR, TIRUPATI, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, UDAIPUR AND VISAKHAPATNAM.
Name of the Course & No. of Vacancies :
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 149th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2020 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders] – 100 Vacancies
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in July, 2020 Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)] – 45 Vacancies
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2020 i.e. No. 208 F(P) Course. [03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry] – 32 Vacancies
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 112th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2020 [(i) 171 vacs for SSC (Men) (NT) UPSC, (ii) 04 vacs for JAG (Men) (NT) October, 2020 Non UPSC and (iii) 50 vacs for NCC Special entry Non UPSC] – 225 Vacancies
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai—26th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2020 – 15 Vacancies
Eligibility Criteria For UPSC CDS 2 Examination:
Educational Qualification :
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy- Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/ Institution
- For Air Force Academy : Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and
not later than 1st July, 2001 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than
2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2001 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2001 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 2000) only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) Male candidates
(married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July,
2001 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course)
Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless
divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July,
UPSC CDS Examination Test Pattern:
The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
Selection Process :
- Written Test
- SSB Interview
UPSC CDS 2 Exam Syllabus:
English : The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
General Knowledge : General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
Elementary Mathematics :
Arithmatic Number System—Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, substraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory—Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Algebra Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one 21 variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Trigonometry – Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90° Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
Geometry – Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Mensuration – Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Statistics – Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
Application Fee : Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only)
How To Apply:
Online Applications can be filled upto 8th July 2019 till 6 PM after which the link will be disabled.
Apply Link: Click Here
Official UPSC CDS 2 Exam Notification: Click Here