About Indian Navy – www.joinindiannavy.gov.in – Recruitment of Artificer Apprentice 140 Batch Course Commencing August 2016 :
- Online applications are invited from Unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan.
- Educational Qualifications : Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
- Age Limit : Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1996 to 31 Jul 1999 (Both dates inclusive).
- Important Dates :
- Last Date for Online Application : 27 Dec 2015
- Last Date To Receive Application Physically : 3 Jan 2016
- Download of Call Letters : End of Feb 2016
- Date of Written Test : March / April 2016
- Pay & Allowances: The Artificer Apprentices Basic Pay Band is Rs 5200-20200. In addition, they will be paid Grade Pay @ Rs 2000/- plus MSP @ Rs 2000/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @ Rs 1400/- plus DA.
- Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @ Rs 4800/- Plus MSP @ Rs 2000/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @ Rs 1400/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the
Selection Process :
- Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- Written Test.
(a) The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
(b) The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
(c) The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
(d) Duration of examination will be one hour.
(e) The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
(a) Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
(b) PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Pushups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medically Fit as per the Defence Norms.
Training : The training for the course will commence in Aug 2016, with 09 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
How To Apply :
Preferred Book : Click Here
Official Notification : Click Here
(a) Click Here To Apply
(b) Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for
(c) Fill up the form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details
(d) Print two copies of the online application form. One copy duly signed, along with
attested copies of matriculation certificate, 10+2 marksheet, domicile, NCC Certificate (if held) & one self addressed envelope of size 22×10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on envelope to be forwarded at the address given below.ORDINARY POST ONLY :
POST BOX NO 476, GOL DAK KHANA
GPO, NEW DELHI – 110001
(e) Write on the envelop “Online AA Application-140 batch & 10+2 percentage …”
(f) Last date for registration of online application is 27 Dec 2015.
(g) Physical receipt of application at this office is by 03 Jan 2016. Confirmation of an
applicant would be on receipt of physical application by due date.
(h) Online applications will be further scruitinised for eligibility and may be rejected if
found not eligible in any respect.
(i) Photographs : THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOULD BE CLEAR AND OF GOOD
QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND. Application received without photographs will be
(j) The application along with attached certificates are to be self-attested