Gate 2019 : Apply Online, Fees, Exam Date, Syllabus
What is GATE Examination?
GATE also known as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India level examination. It is conducted with a motive to comprehend the knowledge of various undergraduate candidates in subjects like – science, engineering, architecture and technology. The examination is conducted jointly by 7 IIT’s and IISc of Bangalore in the month of February every year.
How to apply for GATE 2019 Examination?
The applicants of GATE 2019 can get themselves registered by filing the GATE application form. Here is the process of registration.
- Visit to appsgate.itg.ac.in (Official website of gate) also known as GOAPS.
- Create login details by giving valid email id, phone number and password. Make sure to remember the email id and password as it will be used for further communication.
- Login to GOAPS using the details of GATE application form one by one. Recheck everything twice to avoid rejection or further re-edits.
- Upload necessary documents such as photographs and signature. (The format is .jpeg for images)
- After filling the form completely do the payment of requisite fees by clicking on make payment button.
- Download the application form or take a print out of the same for future.
What is the fee structure of GATE 2019 application form?
- The fee of GATE 2019 for SC/SC is 750 Rs.
- The fee of GATE 2019 for other candidates that is general category is 1500Rs.
- The fee of GATE 2019 for centers outside India is 100$.
What is the mode of fee payment for GATE 2019 application form?
- The mode of fee payment is either online or offline.
What are the exam dates of GATE 2019 exam?
Here are the GATE 2019 important dates –
|1||GATE 2019 Notification date||6th July 2018|
|2||GATE 2019 online application starts||1st September 2018|
|3||GATE 2019 late date of application submission||21st September 2018|
|4||GATE 2019 last date for registration||1October 2018 (With late fee)|
|5||GATE 2019 last date for center change||16 November 2018|
|6||GATE 2019 Admit card issue date||4th January 2019|
Here are the GATE 2019 exam dates –
GATE 2019 Exam dates
|2nd February 2019
3rd February 2019
9th February 2019
10th February 2019
Note – the timing of GATE 2019 exams are as follows –
- Morning – 9 am to 12 pm
- Afternoon – 2 pm to 5 pm
After the exams are done successfully; next comes the result and counselling dates. Check below –
- GATE 2019 Official Answer key release date – 14th March 2019
- GATE 2019 result date – 16th March 2019
- Counselling begins from – April First week
New amendments in GATE 2019 –
This year certain changes have been done in the GATE 2019 examination. Here is the list of the same –
- GATE exam will be conducted on 24 subjects from 2019 onwards.
- A new subject has been added that is Statistics.
- Uploading of thumb impression has been removed while submitting the application form.
- Instead of scientific calculators, virtual calculators will be allotted to the candidates during the examination.
A sneak peek of GATE 2019 Syllabus –
- GATE examination has one common paper known as GA with a weightage of 15%. Here are sections of GA paper –
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Engineering mathematics is another common paper and holds 10% of the overall weightage.
- Subject code weightage – 75%
GATE 2019 examination is conducted on 24 papers each with a different code. Hence, the student must remember their respective subject paper code to avoid last minute confusion. Here is the list of subjects in which the exam takes place –
- Life Science
- Statistics (New addition)
- Ecology and evolution
- Architecture and planning
- Computer Science and information technology
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Geology and Geophysics
- Agriculture Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Electronics and communication Engineering
- Textile Engineering and fiber science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Sciences
- Civil Engineering