Google Summer Trainee Engineering Program ( STEP ) 2016 :
Are you an aspiring computer scientist interested in developing your technical and professional skills while working on Google products and services? If you are looking for an opportunity that will bridge the gap between academic study and a professional technical internship, then spend your summer interning with our Google Summer Trainee Engineering Program (STEP).
The Summer Trainee Engineering program is a 12-week developmental opportunity for second-year undergraduate students with a passion for technology. During the summer you will work alongside other Practicum interns on a software project, attend skills-based and professional development trainings, and receive mentorship from Google engineers.
This program is open to all qualified University students and is committed to addressing diversity in our company and in the technology industry. Students who are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology industry are encouraged to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and students with disabilities.
Our Summer internships start in May/June 2016 and are 12-14 weeks in duration.
- Work on a 12-week software project that you will develop in a team of Googlers and other Summer Trainee Engineering Program interns. Enhance your coding with skills-based trainings; get exposed to new software tools and programming languages.
- Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers and learn how to enhance your resume, take on technical interviews, and improve your presentation and communication skills with professional development workshops.
- Receive mentorship from Google engineers, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
- Build important personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share their passion for technology and computer science.
- Apply your computer science studies in a professional environment.