World Health Organization (WHO) Internship 2019 | New Delhi
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system.
Company Name: WHO (World Health Organization)
Job Location: New Delhi
Duration: 6 Months
- Have in the last six months completed full-time studies (Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in pharmacy, medicine, health science, public health, health economics or health policy and related studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment;
- Or be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to the formal qualification (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that apply to the internship no later than six months after graduation).
- Team work
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural difference
All interns should be able to demonstrate the following skills in line with the WHO core competencies:
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Showing willingness to learn from mistakes
- Producing and delivering quality results
- Working collaboratively with team members
In addition, interns need to be familiar with commonly used computer programmes, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of specialized computer programmes, for example, statistical software such as XLStat may be an advantage.
Depending on the area of interest, the below experience may be needed and/or would be an advantage.
- Experience in research and/or in drafting reports
- Experience in the subject area through academic work or research
- Field and/or developing country experience
- Experience with data analysis, statistical packages and interest in the design of graphical display and analysis of health information in an international comparative perspective, such as for health system performance assessment
- More specific experience such as specialized computer programmes
Description of Duties
Under the supervision of a technical expert in the respective area, interns are assigned a project based on agreed terms of references and in line with their skills set. These terms of references typically include some or all the following responsibilities:
- review literature and summarize information on monitoring availability, affordability, accessibility of essential medicines.
- undertake web research and data collection on specific subject area to support country and regional reports
- participate in the development of tools and guidelines aimed at promoting optimal use of antimicrobials
- assist in drafting, formatting and editing EDM policy briefs, tool kits, guides/manuals, hand-outs, brochures and reports
- assist in organizing workshops, meetings, conferences, events
- participate in on-going departmental projects
How To Apply:
Last Date To Apply: Oct 30, 2019, 10:59:00 PM
Apply Link & More Info: Click Here To Apply