About UPPCL Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2015 :
Electricity Service Commission Online Applications are invited from Eligible Indian Nationals for direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Engineer (Trainee) against vacancies in Distribution Companies (DISCOMS) viz, Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited, Poorvanchal Vidyut Vltran Nigam Limited, Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited,Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited, Kanpur Electric Supply Company(KESCO) and UP Power Transmission Corporation Ltd,(TRANSCO) under Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. (UPPCL).
Location : Across India
Salary : As per rules of UPPCL. Pay Band-3; Rs, 15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs, 5400/- Dearness and other allowances admlssible
No of Posts : 187 Posts
No of Vacancies
Assistant Engineer (Trainee) – Electrical
Assistant Engineer (Trainee) – Civil
Eligibility Criteria :
Educational Qualification :
- Candidates should have thorough knowledge of Hindi (Devnagri script). If the candidate has not
passed High school or equivalent examination in Hindi, he/she has to to clear an exam conducted by the Registrar, Department Examination Govt. Of U,P. within 3 years of joining,
- Bachelor’s Degree (BE/BTech) in Electrical/Civil Engineering from a Recognized University or Institution.
Clarification Note : candidates having degree through Distance Education programme are not eliqible to
apply for the above posts,
Age Limit : Minimum 21 years and maximum 40 years as on 01-01-2015
Selection Process :
- Selection Process will be based on Computer Based Test and interview.
- Computer Based Test(CBT) will be held at Allahabad, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Agra, Kanpur, Bareilly, Lucknow, Ghaziabad, and Meerut cities .
- The test shall comprise of total 200 questions, out of which 150 questions shall be from the Bachelor level Engg. Branch syllabus for the Post applied, 20 questions of General Knowledge/Awareness, 20 questions of Reasoning and 10 questions of General Hindi.
- Each correct answer shall carry one mark each and each wrong answer shall carry negative mark of 0.25.
- Interview will be conducted at Lucknow only. Candidates who obtain less than 33% marks will be rejected for further process of selection.
- On merit maximum numbers of candidates to be shortlisted for interview will be equal 2 to 3 times the number of vacancies.
- Candidates with same marks as that of last shortlisted Candidate will also be called for interview.
- If a candidate is shortlisted for interview, then appearing in interview is compulsory, failing which candidature will be treated as cancelled.
- Finally, the merit list shall be prepared on the basis of the combined marks obtained in the CBT and
interview , branch wise category wise.
Preferred Books :
Application Fee (Non Refundable) :
- General : Rs 1000/-
- SC/ST (Domicile of UP) : Rs 700/-
- Physical Handicap : Rs 10/-
- Other States Candidates : Rs 1000/-
Important Dates :
Commencement of online applications were started from 15th May 2015. You can apply it till 15th June 2015.
Last Date Of Processing Fees : 15th June 2015
Last Date To Fill Application Form : 17th June 2015
How To Apply :
Apply Link: Click Here
Detailed Advertisement Notification : Click Here