About The Company :
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Company Name : Thomson Reuters
Company Website : www.thomsonreuters.com
Job Location : Bangalore
Position : Trainee Research Analyst
Requisition No : 17000923
Date of Drive : 23 August 2017
Timing : 11 AM to 12 PM
Venue : Thomson Reuters, RMZ Infinity, Tower E, Swami Vivekananda Road, Opposite Gopalan Mall, Bangalore
Eligibility Criteria :
- Any Bachelor’s degree required.
- Regional Language – Write, Speak and, Read will be an advantage
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES :
- Effectively communicate both internally & externally.
- Should be able to work under pressure.
- There would be a need to over-stretch during the busy season to manage volumes.
- Strong understanding of Financial Markets/ NEWS / Current happenings and detail-oriented.
- Awareness of news and general knowledge is beneficial
- Excellent attention to details, eager to learn new things and multitasking.
- Basic computer knowledge is mandatory, such as Microsoft Office.
- Has Strong knowledge of dataset, product and data flow.
- Open and flexible to work in shifts.
Job Responsibilities :
- Research, monitoring of news, identification of relevant research data.
- Profile creation for allocated area of responsibility.
- Communicate & liaise with internal and external departments for resolution of data queries, including direct contact with customers.
- Creating/maintaining Political Profiles – for all levels: Monitoring upcoming elections in respective countries to ensure that relevant profiles are updated.
- Sourcing, creating/maintaining World Check related news profiles for the various crime categories.
- Improve efficiencies in work practices by implementing automation where possible.
- Maximizes usage of available tools/support to best of advantage to maintain/improve content quality during daily operations.
- Completion of client requests and ongoing projects for respective areas.
- Ensures data quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness per company standards for their covered product/market.
- Test new database/application releases where appropriate, providing expert user feedback.
- Adhere to change control procedures, Content Operations standards and current data policies and procedures.
- Creation of SOE (State Owned Enterprise) profiles in all level.