TCS Campus Recruitment FY 2017-18 Eligibility Criteria :
- Minimum aggregate (aggregate of all subjects in all semesters) marks of 60% or above in the first attempt in each of Class Xth, Class XIIth, Diploma (if applicable), Graduation and Post-Graduation examination which includes successful completion of final year/semester without any pending arrears/back logs during the entire course duration.
- Please note that all subjects mentioned on the mark sheets should be taken into consideration while calculating the aggregate marks. For example, best of 5 out of 6 subjects for calculating the aggregate is not acceptable as per the TCSL Eligibility Criteria.
- All subjects mentioned on the marksheet (including languages, optional subjects etc.,) should be taken into consideration for calculating obtained/total marks/CGPA. In cases where a candidate has completed both, XIIth and Equivalent Diploma, the cut off percentage of 60% and above is applicable to both the courses. It is mandatory to pass in all the subjects (including languages, optional subjects etc.,) mentioned in the mark sheet of class Xth and class XIIth by securing minimum passing marks in the first
attempt itself as specified by the respective board of examinations. Candidates who have completed class Xth and/or class XIIth through NIOS – National institute of open schooling, would not be eligible since NIOS is not considered as full time education.
- First attempt implies that the candidate should clear the final year/semester examination (including Xth, XIIth, Diploma, Graduation and Post-Graduation as applicable) with minimum aggregate (aggregate of all subjects in all semesters) marks of 60% and above within the stipulated duration of the course itself. For example, if a candidate has secured 58.9 % (aggregate of all subjects) in Standard XIIth examination in the first attempt and has taken an improvement exam in the next attempt securing 62 %, he/she does not fulfil the TCSL eligibility criteria as marks/CGPA obtained during the normal duration of the course only will be considered.
- All courses from Class Xth onwards should have been completed within the stipulated time as specified by the University/Institute and as per the TCSL Selection Guidelines without any extended education. For example, if a candidate has a backlog in the final semester of BE, it is considered as extended education as the stipulated time to complete BE is 4 years.
- Maximum upto 1 pending backlog/arrear in the highest qualification will be permitted only at the time of appearing for the TCS Selection process. If selected, no pending backlogs will be permitted at the time of joining TCS. All pending backlogs should be completed within the normal course duration. All the subjects in the final semester have to be cleared in the first attempt itself irrespective of institute/university guidelines which may have a provision to allow:
1. Students to skip one or more subjects during their final semester or any other semester.
2. Where final semester backlog can be taken up immediately before course completion date. For example, if a candidate has a backlog in the final semester of BE and reappears for the backlog examination prior to course completion date, he/she would still not be eligible as per TCSL selection guidelines as clearing all exams in final semester in the first attempt itself is mandatory.
3. The provision to skip the subject in any of the semester will not be allowed and the candidate has to clear all the subjects mandatorily irrespective of the institute/university guidelines which allows a candidate to skip the subjects.
4. It is mandatory to declare the gaps/arrears/backlogs, if any, during the academic and/or work experience.
5. Break in education should not be due to extended education. Any break in education/work experience should not exceed 24 months and is permissible only for valid reasons. Relevant document proof, as applicable, will be checked for gaps in education.
6. Only Full time courses will be considered (Part Time/Correspondence courses will not be considered).
- Candidates with more than 3 years of work experience will not be permitted to participate in the TCS
- Selection process.
- Candidates should meet the below specified age criteria at the time of appearing for the TCS selection process: Minimum age – 18 years and Maximum age – 28 years
- Candidates who have applied to TCS and who have not been successful in clearing the TCS Selection process are not eligible to re-apply to TCS within six months from the date on which the candidate had attended such selection test and/or interview. Candidates would not eligible to appear for the TCSL selection process within six months of the previous unsuccessful attempt