SURGE 2021: IIT Kanpur has invited online applications for pre-final year candidates. Candidates having BTech/ MTech/ MSC/ BSC degree from 2022 Batch can apply for this internship. For more details for eligibility criteria, selection process, apply link read below.
Surge is a Students-Undergraduate Research Graduate Excellence program to take short term internship in IIT Kanpur. This internship is open to students from IIT Kanpur and for other institutions as well. The SURGE participants are required to give a mid-term presentation after four weeks, to a review committee consisting of a group of academic staff members.
SURGE Internship 2021
|Institution Name||IIT Kanpur|
- B.Tech/BE/B-Arch/BS (3rd year completed),
- Five year degree program (3rd year completed, 4th year completed)
- B.Sc/B.A. (2nd year completed)
IITK and NON-IITK Indian students coming to IITK through
- Funding from SURGE (Institute Funded): Students working under “Funding from SURGE” only at IITK receive a stipend of Rs 12,500/- for 08 weeks duration.
- Funding from IITK Project (Project Funded): This will provide an opportunity to the students, to work on projects which will be funded by faculty members of IIT Kanpur.
- Self Funded: This will provide an opportunity to the students, to work on projects of faculty members of IIT Kanpur but would not be receiving any funding at all.
- Industry-IITK tie up: This will provide an opportunity to the students, as individuals or in teams, to work on real-world projects proposed by the industry with mentors from both IIT Kanpur and the industry. The student stipend is to be paid by the industry. In SURGE 2021, only IIT Kanpur students can participate under Industry-IITK tie up.
Internship Duration: The duration of the program is approximately 10 weeks and the beginning date of SURGE program is 14th June 2021 and the last date is 22nd August 2021.
How To Apply For SURGE 2021 Internship:
Eligible and Interested candidates can apply using the below-mentioned link before the link expires. Applicants need to register with the company portal in order to complete the registration process. Online Application will be available on our website from February 2, 2021 to February 22, 2021 for all students applying for an internship.
SURGE 2021 Registration Process 2021
Step 1: Register through Surge 2021 portal
Step 2: There are three categories:
- IITK: In this category only IITK Students can apply.
- NON IITK: Only Indian students from various Indian Institution.
- SAARC: Only NON Indian (from Nepal, Bhutan) Students
Step 3: Complete the registration form in all respects. An email indicating successful completion of registration of your online application will be sent to on your registered email address containing login credentials.
Step 4: Complete the application fees of Rs.500. The application will be considered complete only after receiving of application fee.
Official Notification: Click Here To Read
- Opening of Online application form – 2nd February 2021.
- Closing of Online application form – 22nd February 2021.