About Shipping Corporation Of India Limited (SCI) Graduate Marine Engineer (GME) Recruitment 2015 :
Applications are invited from Unmarried Males and Females for imparting training to Graduate Mechanical Engineering (B.E /B,TECH in Mechanical Engineering) as Graduate Marine Engineer (GME) for 08 months shore based pre-sea training at MTI Powai followed by 10 (4+6) months on-board training for the batch of 40 candidates, commencing training earliest from 01.10.2015.
Find SCI GME 2015 Apply Link , Selection Process , Examination Dates , Call Letters , Syllabus and Paper Pattern.
Website : www.shipindia.com
Location : Across India
Position : Graduate Marine Engineer
No of Posts : 40
Last Date To Apply : 20 July 2015
Stipend : Rs 15000/- Per Month
Eligibility Criteria :
Educational Qualifications :
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E /B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering) from AICTE Approved Engineering College.
- Equivalent degree or degree with specialization or electives other than above educational qualification is not acceptable.
- Final year / semester students who have appeared for in the exam and expect their results by date 30.08.2015 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be in possession of valid degree in Engineering certificate with minimum 50% marks in final year of Engineering at the time of interview. However, candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in English language at Xth or XIIth class.
Age Limit : Maximum 28 years as on 1st October 2015 (Date of commencement of training). Candidates belonging to UR/OBC category must be born on or after 01.10.1987. Relaxations applicable to SC/ST candidates as per existing Govt. directives. Candidate belonging to SC/ST category must be born on or after 01.10.1982. Age relaxation of two years for women candidates.
Medical Standard :
Candidate must have good health and be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical rules 2000/MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers. Standard as mentioned below;
1. Height: Minimum 157 cms. Reduction in height for the candidates from hilly and tribal areas will be in accordance with Govt. guidelines.
2. Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
3. Hearing: Normal.
4. Visual Standard: 6/6 (Normal Eye) and 6/9, 6/12 (With Spectacles). Defective colour vision (Colour Blindness) NOT accepted.
Note: Medical fitness check will be done through SCI empanelled DG approved Doctors and No waiver will be given for the above standard. Candidates not meeting the above standard should not apply. Medical examination fees shall be borne by the candidates.
Selection Process :
Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the All India on line test at their own expenses and only candidates qualifying in the on line test will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3. (3 candidates called against 1 vacancy) keeping the provision of reservation for SC/ST/OBC & OBC Minority in view. The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. reserves the right to shortlist the candidates for on line test also.
The on-line examination shall be of two (02) hours duration, which will be in the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs). The on-line examination will focus on MCQ’s on Quantitative Aptitude test, Professional Knowledge test, English Language test and Reasoning Ability test. The questions of the test will be bilingual (English and Hindi). Candidate MUST PASS in each of the objective tests to qualify for personnel interview. The passing Marks in each test will be decided on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates in each test.
Application Fees (Non Refundable , Through NEFT Only ) :
- SC/ST : Rs 500/-
- Others : Rs 1000/-
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS TO DEPOSIT APPLICATION FEES:
ACCOUNT BEARER: THE SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD.MUMBAI,
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10972426052
BANK NAME: STATE BANK OF INDIA
BRANCH NAME: BACKBAY RECLAMATION
BRANCH CODE: 1593
CITY: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA
IFSC CODE: SBIN0001593
Candidates may check the details on below ULR for more information about NEFT:
Training And Course Fees :
- After final short listing, the eligible candidate has to undergo shore based training for 8 months. The fee for training is approximately Rs.4, 00,000 (Approx. Rs. Four lakhs only) for male candidates and 3.35 lakhs (Approx. Rs. Three lakhs and thirty five thousand only) for female.
- Candidate will pay fee directly to the Maritime Training Institute (MTI), Powai.
- Fees once paid are not refundable at any stage either in full or part.
- Consolidated stipend of Rs. 15000/- per month will be paid to candidates for onboard training.
Important Dates :
- Last Date To Apply : 20 July 2015 by 5 PM
- Last Date To Take Application Print Out : 27 July by 5 PM
- Download of SCI GME Call Letter : Last Week of July 2015
- Date of Written Examination : 2 August 2015 at 11 AM
How To Apply :
Registration Link : Click Here
Official Advertisement : Click Here