About Indian Institute of Astrophysics:
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics is a premier institute devoted to research in astronomy, astrophysics and related physics.The visiting students internship program is conducted by the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) with the aim of promoting an interest in scientific research in college and university students. Students selected for this programme work on specific projects under the supervision of a member of the academic staff.
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Astrophysics
Institute Website: www.iiap.res.in
Stipend: Rs 10000
- Students who are at any stage of their science or engineering education (B.Sc/M.Sc / M.Phil / B.E. / B.Tech / M.E. / M.Tech) or are within 6 months after the completion of that degree.
- Students presently carrying out their PhD work at any university or institution with the written permission of their guide.
- A maximum of 10 students at any one time with no more than two per faculty member may be accommodated. Applications will normally be considered on a first-come basis.
- There are no restrictions on the number of students who do not require accommodation/stipend from the Institute.
How To Apply:
Interested students should send their application to Board of Graduate Studies,
Indian Institute of Astrophysics,
Bangalore 560 034
At least one month in advance of the tentative start date of their proposed project work.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- Copies of the mark statements (up to the latest available).
- Two recommendation letters from people familiar with the students academic work.
- An abstract for the work to be done in IIA.
- A recommendation from the proposed supervisor at IIA.
- A statement of whether accommodation from the Institute is required.