About Indian Coast Guard www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in Yantrik Recruitment 2015 :
Indian Coast Guard www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in under Ministry of Defence is inviting online applications for the eligible 3 years Technical Diploma holders in Mechanical , Electrical and Electronics & Telecommunication for the post of Yantrik – 01 / 2016 Batch. The online application will start from 16th July 2015 to 23rd July 2015 till 5 PM.
Website : www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Job Location : Across India
Position : Yantrik
Salary : Rs.5200-20200 + Rs.2400 Grade pay. In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
Eligibility Criteria :
Educational Qualifications :
- Three years Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent branch recognised / Approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) with 60% in aggregate.
- 5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service.
Age Limit : Minimum 18 years and maximum 22 years i.e. between 01 Feb 1994 to 31 Jan 1998.
Selection Process :
The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out centre wise. The conduct of test is planned in the month of Jul / Aug 2015.
Selection procedure is as follows:-
- Short-listing criteria for applications will be based on higher percentage of marks in the diploma for a particular examination centre. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- The qualifying cut off percentage can be increased if more number of applications are received.
- The written tests will be objective type. The questions paper will contain questions from their respective branch (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Telecommunication) and will also include some questions of general knowledge, reasoning aptitude & English.
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT), interview and initial Medical Examination. The testing procedure will take 1-2 days.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who pass the written tests.
- Qualifying PFT as per the standards given below is compulsory.
- The PFT will consist as under:-
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
- 10 Push ups.
- Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Note: The candidates physically challenged are not eligible to apply for this post.
- Candidates those who qualify the Physical Fitness Test will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centre.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by Coast Guard.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies.
- The All India select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jan 2016.
Medical Standards :
- Height : Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest : Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age +10% acceptable.
- Hearing : Normal
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- No Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Visual Standards : 6/24 without glasses and 6/9 & 6/12 with glasses for Better Eye and Worse Eye respectively.
- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Note: Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Coast Guard are advised not to appear for test.
Written Exam Centers :
- Mumbai : Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face PO, Worli Colony ,Mumbai – 30
- Chennai : Indian Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex, Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai -13
- Kolkata : Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East), Synthesis Business Park, 6th floor Shrachi Building, New Town Rajarhat, Kolkata, WB -700 157
- Kochi : Indian Coast Guard Dist HQs No-4, Kalvatty Road, Fort Kochi, Kochi, Kerala- 682 004
- Visakhapatnam : Indian Coast Guard Enclave, Behind Port High School, Malkapuram, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh-530 011
- Gandhi Nagar : Coast Guard Region (NW), Udyog Bhawan, 7th Floor, Block No -12, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat – 382 010
- Noida : Indian Coast Guard Selection Board Noida, A-1, Sector-24, Opposite HCL Technologies, Dist Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida, UP-201 301
- Paradip : Indian Coast Guard Dist. HQs No-7, Badapadia, Paradip Orissa – 754 142
How To Apply :
Apply Link : Click Here
The important instructions for filling of online application are:
- The name of the candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per the 10th class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of marks in diploma up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Filling up of information like personal e-mail ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID.
- Candidates to choose any one Centre out of the options displayed.
- The Coast Guard reserves the rights to cancel any centre or change the centre of the candidates for administrative reasons.
Official Advertisement : Click Here