About British Telecom(BT):
The way communications is changing the world is one of the most significant forces of our time. And we believe the business were in is transforming the future for the better. When we laid the first telephone lines, we started a technology revolution. These days, life and work is built around being connected. That’s why we never stop improving our network. And why we want everyone to benefit from our investment in fiber.
Company Name: BritishTelecom(BT)
Profile: Trainee Associate/Junior Associate
Salary: Rs. 3 LPA
Job Location: Gurgaon/Bangalore
Last Date To Apply: ASAP
- Four year graduate Degree, B.Tech (Electronics, computers, CS, Electrical, IT)
- ITIL Certification or ITIL Awareness is preferred
- A suitable formal training path to certification standard, where appropriate, will need to be completed e.g. CCNA, MCP, Sun Solaris, Oracle certified DBA, HP certified systems engineer etc.
To provide expert support on process and products and to ensure a professional and consistent delivery of quality service to BT customers and achievement of operational targets and manage workload
- Works on the Global technical management/Implementation teams and pro-actively responds to customer faults and changes within defined service levels.
- Understanding from Business management team the expected solution.
- Understanding following from the solution architect – overall solution being proposed / Hardware components proposed for designs
- Use tools and systems to produce cost builds.
- Choice of solutions technologies / services to best fit our client’s requirements.
- To deliver operational service in 24/7 work environment
- Change Request to manage customer requests and queries
- Direct engagement by phone with the end client for clarification of information/conformation of completion of request
- Managing 3rd party suppliers for Incident resolution / Change request implementation- Service Provider, Field support team, Cisco TAC.
- Escalation of Incidents and changes in jeopardy of completion within defined service level to Operations Manager for onward resolution
- KCI (Keeping customer informed) using phone on Incidents and CHANGE to provide continuous and timely feedback to the end client on progress
- Initiate and Support Problem Management Process
- Initiate and Support Special Incident Investigation and Incident analysis report
- Attending weekly customer service/internal change review calls (Customer Champion) as and when required
- Monthly reporting to the Service Manager & Account Manager (Customer Champion)
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly reporting
- To maintain the CHANGE queue as low as possible to ensure maximum attention to each and every customer request or query.
- To attend various workshops and training events arranged by the operations manager to improve the technical skills and BT product knowledge.
- To attend BT internal meetings to review and improve the support processes to BT customers.
- To attend customer awareness training sessions
Skill Set Required:
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Good understanding on routing & switching functionality.
- Must have basic understanding on routing protocols like OSPF & EIGRP which should cover neighbourship process, states & packet types.
- Basic understanding on BGP which should cover – neighbourship process, its states & path selection attributes.
- Should possess clear understanding on I.P & MAC address, sub netting and summarization.
- Knowledge of Spanning tree protocol which should cover root bridge/port & designated port election, types (CST, PVST, RSTP ) of STP & states of STP.
- Good understanding on the concepts of VLAN & its types, VTP modes & messages.
- Knowledge of Access & Trunk ports, concept of tagging & its types ( ISL, Dot1q) on trunk ports
Interview Location: Bangalore/Gurgaon
(Please Note: Interview Date and Venue will be confirmed Post registration process is over)
How To Apply:
Registration Link: Click Here
Apply Link 1 : Click Here
Apply Link 2 : Click Here
Use Code – APUZZ50 & Get flat Rs. 50 off on AMCAT Exam