Amazon.com, Inc. (Amazon.com), incorporated on May 28, 1996, serves consumers through its retail websites and focus on selection, price, and convenience. The Company offers programs that enables sellers to sell their products on its Websites and their own branded Websites and to fulfill orders through them , and programs that allow authors, musicians, filmmakers, application developers, and others to publish and sell content. The Company operates in two segments: North America and International.
Company Name: Amazon
Company Website: www.amazon.com
Position: Support Engineer II
Date of drive: 23rd May 2015
Job Location: Hyderabad / Secunderabad
Salary Range: Rupees 5.5 lacs to 6.5 lacs
- A technical background (BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline/experience)
- 0 to 1 year experience
- Good with Unix base O/S experience or proven ability to pick up Linux quickly
- Good with scripting (any one of Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python etc.)
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge on programming languages Java or C++ or C, Data Structures, Alogos.
- Ability to write SQL queries is added advantage
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- understanding of support – tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics
- A passion towards problem-solving
- Strong decision-making ability
- Must be able to think proactively; excellent follow-through and attention to details.
- Willing to work in 24×7 on-call support- 5 days a week rotation basis.
- Knowledge on distributed applications/enterprise applications is plus.
Support engineers troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks. The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on call and operational tasks and may involve small-project development work. Support team operates in 24x7x365 manner; involve working in night shifts and on weekends in rotations. Support Engineers also develop tools and automations to achieve human free operations. They use the right tool for the job, and modify software in a way that leverages the overall system architecture. If you have a strong Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence background, are interested in aggressive growth and have passion to develop tools at large scale, this is the opportunity for you
Preference would be given to 2015 Graduates / Post Graduates in B.Tech / BE / MCA . M.Tech / M.Sc from CS / IT streams with good academic percentages and expertise in C / C++ / Java / Scripting Languages / Data Structures / Algorithms.
How To Apply:
Apply Link: Click Here
In case your profile is short listed, you might be called for an in-person interview at our HYDERABAD office on 23rd May 2015 . Hence, please apply with your updated resume and fill in the requested details in the Questionnaire . Candidates who have been offered / holding offers from the Campus Placement Process at their respective colleges can also apply.