The Second Career Internship Programme (SCIP) is aimed at professional women who have taken a career break and are looking to return to the job market. The programme facilitates this by offering live business projects with flexible schedules and project-based employment. Described as a ‘career transition management programme’, it focuses on developing alternative talent pools in traditional and non-traditional formats.
This pioneering programme was launched on International Women’s Day in March 2008. In 2012, the application process was taken online, making it more convenient and accessible. Using this facility, Tata companies can post projects throughout the year and aspirants can log onto www.tatasecondcareer.com to view, select and apply for live business projects, online, just like any other job portal.
- Tata Group companies provide live business projects requiring approximately 500 hours of engagement spread over 6 months on a flexi time basis.
- Tata SCIP does not provide full time job opportunities. Assignments under SCIP are short-term and aimed at developing alternative talent pools in traditional/non-traditional formats. There is no placement guarantee at the end of the project. However, SCIP consultants have the option of exploring full-time employment on mutually acceptable terms with the respective Group Company if the same exists.
- All SCIP consultants go through a short induction programme, are provided access to mentors and guides on the project and HR support.
SCIP is now an on-going program. Projects will be added through the year. Applicants should visit the site often to find suitable projects. Applicants are also encouraged to register with SCIP to be part of a database that we will access to find suitable profiles for new projects.
The programme currently offers opportunities in India in Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad and NCR (National Capital Region), and will be expanding to other cities.
- Career transition programme for women professionals.
- Minimum 500 hours engagement spread over 5-6 months.
- Flexi-hour projects.
- Attractive project stipend.
- Live business projects throughout the year.
- Online application process.
- Multiple locations.
Registration: Click Here
Live Projects: Click Here