Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) invites online applications for more than 2200 vacancies in various groups. RRB Junior Engineers (JE) / Senior Section Engineer(SSE) Recruitment Process involves Online Examination and Main merit list are made on the basis of marks secured in the online examination .
Find RRB JE / SSE 2015 Examination Paper , RRB JE / SSE 2015 Paper Pattern , RRB JE / SSE 2015 Call Letter, RRB JE / SSE 2015 Answer Keys , RRB JE / SSE 2015 Previous Years Papers , RRB JE / SSE 2015 Examination Syllabus , RRB JE / SSE 2015 Notification , RRB JE / SSE 2015 Eligibility Criteria.
RRB JE / SSE 2015 Online Examination Paper Pattern :
- The standard of questions for the ONLINE (Computer Based) examination will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and/or minimum technical qualifications prescribed for the posts.
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science and Technical Ability.
- The Question paper will have 150 questions, out of which 90 questions will be of Technical Ability & General Science and 60 questions from General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- The technical portion of 90 questions shall cover basic concepts of Science and Engineering from all the branches/disciplines of educational qualifications.
- There shall be negative marking in ONLINE (Computer Based) examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
- Duration : Duration of the examination will be 120 minutes
RRB JE / SSE 2015 Online Examination Syllabus :
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
Questions will be asked from analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion and syllogistic reasoning.
Aptitude and Numeric Ability:
Questions will be asked from Algebra Basic algebra, factors & simplification, polynomials, Arithmetic Simple & compound interest, instalments, taxation, shares & dividends, Ratio & proportion, percentage, time, distance & work, profit & loss, Pipes & Cisterns, Mensuration, Problem on Ages, Investment etc. From Data Interpretation Use of Tables and Graphs, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart, Pictorial Graph etc.
Question will be asked from Indian History, Indian Polity, Current Events, Geography, Economy etc. Focus will be on Current national & International events, banking, sports etc. Some questions from Finance & Marketing too. Focus will be on News related to Railway, Rail Budget, New Technologies and Reform in Indian Railway.
Technical Ability And General Science :
Notification Link : Click Here
|Category as per Notification||Syllabus|
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 53, 54||Basic concepts of science (class XII standard); Civil; Mechanical; Electrical; Electronics; Computers; Environment & Pollution Control; Instrumentation & Measurement and Engineering Drawing / Graphics.|
|26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50||Basic concepts of science (class X standard); Civil; Mechanical; Electrical; Electronics; Computers; Environment & Pollution Control; Instrumentation & Measurement and Engineering Drawing / Graphics.|
|51 : Junior Engineer (IT)||MS Office; Computer fundamentals & organization; C , C++ & Java language; Information systems; DBMS; System programming; Operating systems; UNIX; SAD; Data & Network communication; Web technology & programming; Software Engineering; Environment & Pollution Control.|
|52 : Chemical Metallurgical Assistant||Basic concepts of Fuel; Material Science; Polymers; Thermodynamics; Applied Chemistry; Computers; Instrumentation & Measurement; Environment & Pollution Control|
RRB JE / SSE 2015 Call Letter Download :
The e-call letter to the eligible candidates shall be available TWO weeks before commencement of the ONLINE examination on the website of RRB concerned for downloading. No admit card will be sent to candidates by RRBs by post.
RRB JE / SSE 2015 Previous Years Solved Papers : Click Here
RRB JE Sample Papers PDF :
- RRB Allahabad Junior Engineer (JE) Previous Question Paper 2008 – Download
- RRB Kolkata Junior Engineer (JE) Previous Question Paper 2009 – Download
- RRB Allahabad Junior Engineer (JE) Previous Question Paper 2010 – Download
- RRB Patna Junior Engineer (JE) Previous Question Paper 2011 – Download
More Info : Click Here
FAQ’s About Online Application :
- What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page?
Try to submit the application earlier as there will be bunching. Speed for On-Line Application on Internet, is based on various factors like Internet Speed, large number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of 15 minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
- How do I know that my application is registered?
There are four stages in registration. Your registration is successful only on completion of all the stages including the fee payment (if applicable) and photo upload. You will receive an email and SMS alert on the completion of successful registration. After the preliminary registration, you will receive the Registration Number. Please preserve it for future use as all subsequent logins are only based the Registration Number and your Date of Birth.Kindly note that successful registration does not imply that application has been accepted. Eligible/Rejection status will be put up after scrutiny.
- I did not receive the email intimation for registration of my application?
The Registration Number is sent by auto-response Confirmation emails. Delivery of these emails purely depends upon the correctness of E-Mail ID provided, Policy of your E-Mail Service Provider to accept and divert such emails under Bulk or Spam Mails or bounce back such mails without accepting it due to heavy number of emails generated by our Applications. In case of Govt./ official /company Email Ids, delivery is controlled by your Company Policies. Therefore, please do not expect replies from us, if you do not receive such confirmation / auto-response Emails. Please contact Helpdesk if you are unable to proceed with your registration.
- How do I re-confirm that my application is saved?
In case of doubt about the successful Registration, candidates are advised to visit the Page for Re-Print of Application, generate the Printout and preserve the hard copy (printout) of the Application.
- After filling up the complete form, I got Blank Screen / Internet got disconnected / My PC closed / hanged / shutdown. Is my application saved / registered?
Please refer to Point No.4. If you do not get the application printout through Re-Print option, your application is not saved. Please re-apply.
- I did not receive the acknowledgement / reply to my email communication?
“Reply to” Email Id for the Application is created for the convenience of the Candidates for genuine communications. Please do not use this address to send back the emails for “Acknowledgment”, “Vacation Mail”, “Friendship Offers”, “Sales Offers” etc. Our Email Server is configured to delete such emails automatically.
- What details should I retain while replying to auto-response emails?
You need not respond to auto-response emails. But please preserve the Registration ID, which is the main basis for your future logins to reprint application, download Admit Card etc.
- To whom should I write for any problems?
For technical queries, please write to email@example.com.
- What details should I provide while writing for the problem?
Please do not forget to provide following details while writing to us: (1) REGISTRATION NUMBER (2) DATE OF BIRTH & (3) FULL NAME as entered in application. In case of application failure or any error message, we would like to have the screenshot of the error in JPG, GIF format or as MS Word file. Additionally, you may provide the PC Details including the Operating System (like Windows XP, Vista, Linux etc.) & Internet Browser & version (like Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla 3.0, Firefox 3.5 etc.) used.
- I want to change / correct the details I entered in the Application?
You have to be very careful when you fill in your registration. If you want to change your application at any point of time, you have to choose ‘Modify Application‘from the Home Page of the Registration Portal. You have to pay an Edit Fee of Rs.100/- for modifying an application made already. After successful payment of the fee, you can edit your application in the same RRB or change your application from RRB to another.
HOWEVER YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT THE EMAIL ID WITH WHICH YOU HAVE REGISTERED.
- Can I apply to a different RRB altogether?
Yes. To change your application from one RRB to another, choose ‘Modify Application‘ from the Home Page of the Registration Portal. You have to pay an Edit Fee of Rs.100/- for modifying an application made already. After successful payment of the fee, your original application will be cancelled and you can choose the new RRB to which you want to apply. A new Registration Number is generated for the new RRB. You have to login using the New Registration Number to the new RRB and complete your registration.
- I am unable to make the payment? How can I de-select Fee Exemption option?
Candidate who belongs to SC/ST community, Women, Religious Minority Community, economically backward, Ex-servicemen, PWD candidates are exempted from the fee payment. There is no separate option for selecting fee exemption.
- I have completed Degree in Engineering. Can I apply to JE category?
- I have completed my Preliminary Registration and have got my Registration Number. Now I want to change some details or want to apply to another RRB. How can I do that?
Once you have submitted your details for Primary Registration and the Registration Number has been generated, you cannot modify these details immediately. Please complete the full registration and then choose the “Modify Application” option from the main page of the website and make change in any of the details (except for email-id) or apply to another RRB altogether.
However if you have not activated the email link and the Registration Number has NOT BEEN GENERATED, you can enter your Primary Registration again with the correct details.
- I stay in Allahabad. I have applied for RRB, Thiruvananthapuram. Which exam centre will be allocated to me?
Exam centre will be allocated anywhere in India. The centre allocation will be in the jurisdiction of the RRB applied to (OR) near to the city/place mentioned in the address for communication. This will depend upon the capacity available at various centres.
- I have completed BCA in Correspondence/Distance Mode. Am I eligible to apply for JE (IT)?
No. Please refer to Point No. 3 (Educational Qualification) of CEN 01/2015.
- I have completed Degree in Computer Science & Engineering. Can I apply to posts under Cat. No. 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 & 23 and Cat. No 46, 47, 48 of CEN 01/2015?
Yes. You can apply choosing your Educational Qualification as “Degree in Combined Streams of Basic Streams of Information Technology” and specify your discipline as Computer Science and Engineering in the Secondary stage of the registration