About Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Recruitment of Assistant 2015:
The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937. The Central Office is where the Governor sits and where policies are formulated.Though originally privately owned, since nationalization in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
The Reserve Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates for 504 posts of “Assistant” in various offices of the Bank. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive Online Examination and Interview.
Website : http://www.rbi.org.in
Position : Assistant
Salary : Rs 22546/- per month
Job Location : Across India
Starting Date To Apply : 12 June 2015
Last Date To Apply : 03 July 2015
Exam Date : Various dates in August 2015.Likely to be held on August 1, 8, 9 and 16. However RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.
No. Of Vacancies : 504 Posts
|Office||Vacancies||PWD #||EXS #|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||3||0||0||27||30||1||0||0||1||3|
Eligibility Criteria :
Educational Qualification :
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defense service.
- Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
Age Limit (as on 01.06.2015) : Between 18 and 28 years. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/06/1987 and not later than 01/06/1997 (both days including) are only eligible to apply.
Selection Process :
Selection will be through Online Examination and Interview. The Online Examination will be for 200 marks
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||2 Hours|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40|
- The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- A candidate has to qualify in each part of the Objective test separately. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
- Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letter for examination from the RBI’s website.
- Roll No. of the candidates successful in online examination will be available on RBI’s website and a brief notice thereof will be published in leading newspapers in last week of August , 2015.
- Only such number of candidates will be called for interview who stand sufficiently high in merit on the aggregate marks of the Objective Tests, such merit being decided by the Bank in relation to the number of vacancies to be filled in.
- Final selection will be on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online examination and interview taken together in order of merit.
Preferred Books :
Application Fees and Intimation Charges :
Payable from 12.06.2015 to 03.07.2015 (Online payment)
- Rs 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS. (Intimation Charges)
- Rs 450 /- for OBC/General candidates (Examination fee+ Intimation Charges)
Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
Important Dates :
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||12/06/2015|
|Closure of registration||03/07/2015|
|Closure for editing application details||03/07/2015|
|Last date for printing your application||18/07/2015|
|Online Fee Payment||12/06/2015 to 03/07/2015|
|Written Test||Various dates in August 2015.Likely to be held on August 1, 8, 9 and 16. However RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.|
How To Apply :
Apply Link: Click Here
Official Detailed Advertisement, Syllabus And Other Details: Click Here
Reserve Bank Of India Previous Year Question Papers And For Sample Papers : Click Here