Before providing you all the important information regarding GATE Exam 2014, I think you guys should know what exactly this exam is?. Along with GMAT Exam we have also provided you few important news and changes in GATE Exam.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is popularly known as GATE Exam which is an all India examination that primarily tests the all-inclusive understanding of various undergraduate topics in Engineering and Technology. This exam is led by Indian Institute of Science and seven IIT’s institutes of India, on behalf of National Coordination Board – GATE, Government of India and few more important authorized departments.The GATE Score of a candidate reveals the comparative performance level of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to numerous post-graduate programmes (for e.g. M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian higher education institutions with monetary assistance provided by MHRD and other Government supports. The score may also be used by Public segment units for employment broadcast purposes.
The examination is of 3 hour duration with patterns and syllabus fluctuating from paper to paper. The exam is directed in two modes – offline and online.
- Online Examination: A Computer Based Test (CBT) where the contender will use a computer mouse just to select a correct answer or enter a numerical reply via a computer-generated keypad. Online exam is directed usually in mid of January.
- Offline Examination: A paper based examination where the contender will mark the correct answer out of 4 given options in an Optical Response Sheet which is also known as ORS by blackening the correct bubble with a pen. Offline exam is lead in the month of February every year on its second Sunday.
Number of students appearing for the examination
The number of candidates appearing in GATE is increasing every year.
Year Number of Students
GATE Exam 2014 Eligibility
The following categories of contenders are eligible to appear in GATE:
- He/ She should be a Bachelor degree holder in Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2)/ Engineering/ Post B.Sc. / Post diploma
- Master of Computer application and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Master degree holders in any division of Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Computer Applications or correspondent and those who are in the Final year or Pre-final year students are not qualified.
Actually GATE Exam 2014 Exam dates are not yet revealed but we will post the dates as soon as it is confirmed by the official authorities of GATE 2014. Following is the timetable of 2013 and I think that in the year of 2014 there will be only difference in date rather than the allocated month (most probably this exam is conducted in mid of January).
|Start date for GATE online application processing system (website):||Monday||September 02, 2013|
|Last date for submission of online application (website closure):||Thursday||October 03, 2013|
|Last date for the receipt of printed version of online application at the respective zonal GATE Office:||Thursday||October 10, 2013|
|Tentative date of online entrance examination:||February||1st, 2nd, 15th, 16th, March 1st and 2nd, 2014.|
|General Aptitude (GA) component common in all papers|
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Chemistry||CY||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Life Sciences||XL|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|